Adding Detail... after detail... after detail
Well I have now definitely spent a lot more time working on these dolls than I originally intended. I just kept dreaming bigger. For starters, I added special touches to the inside of each doll. I pasted in old Russian newspaper, and included images I found from these papers on the inside bottom of each ‘cup’. Then to add a bit of much needed color, I painted the insides red. On the outside, I decided to finish each doll off with a textured looking fabric sketch. You can see me working on Solzhenitsyn’s herringbone jacket above. I had to put on two coats of lines in order to achieve the darkness I wanted, but I think it turned great. I will be adding textured ‘fabrics’ to the other two dolls as well and the next posting should be the finalized product.